Dalhousie University is excited to present the Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards. This is open for international students who want to study in Canada for the 2022/ 2023 academic session. The grant is open for Masters, Post Doctorate level program(s) in all fields taught at Dalhousie University. The application is currently open, and deadline unstated.
Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: Dalhousie University
- Study Level: Masters, Post Doctorate
- Available Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Location: Canada
Dalhousie University – About
Dalhousie University is also known as Dal, a state-owned research institution of higher learning in Nova Scotia, Canada. The institution has 3 campuses in Halifax, the 4th one in Bible Hill, and medical teaching facilities in Saint John, New Brunswick.
The academic institution runs well over 4,000 courses, and 180 degree study programs in 12 undergraduate, graduate, and professional faculties. The university is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive academic institutions in Canada.
The Studley Campus is the primary campus and it contains the bulk of the university’s academic structures such as athletic facilities, faculties, and the university’s Student Union Building. Studley campus is majorly bounded by residential environs.
The structures at Dalhousie differ in age from Hart House, which was finished in 1864 to the Collaborative Health Education Building which got completed in 2015. The main structure of Dalhousie University was completed in 1824 on Halifax’s Grand Parade. It was demolished in 1885 when the school outgrew the premises, and the City of Halifax wanted possession of the whole Grand Parade. Halifax City Hall is currently located in the site of the original Dalhousie College
The University has 5 libraries. Killam Memorial Library is the biggest one, launched in the year 1971. It is also the largest educational library in Atlantic Canada with well over 1 million books and 40,000 journals.
Available Subjects: All subjects
Benefits of Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards
Recipients of Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards will be offered the benefits below:
- Stage 1- Master’s: $6666.66 each term + ITF (foreign students) + relocation stipend (if applicable)
- Stage 2- PhD: $10000 each term with relocation stipend (if relevant) + President’s Award for 2 years.
Eligibility for Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards
- Eligible Nationalities: All nationalities
- The awards are accessible to both Canadian and foreign students.
- Candidates are expected to have also applied for grant from relevant provincial, national or international agencies. For Canadians, this may comprise of NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC, NSHRF, NSGS, etc., as relevant to their field. For applicants that are not Canadians, these individuals are supposed to have applied for provincial scholarship awards (NSGS, etc.) and national/international scholarships for which they would be qualified.
- Recipients must be eligible to get scholarship support for at least 2 years. This implies that at the Master’s level only fresh students will be considered. At a Doctoral level, only applicants who have used less than 24 months in program by May 1st of the award year will be considered.
- Students must begin their awards in the earliest possible term, so in-program awardees at the doctoral level are projected to start their award on May 1st.
How to Apply Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards
To apply for Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards, please follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants can complete their graduate application form online application or print.
- After this, you have to fill out the application form.
- Necessary Documents: Submit transcripts, letters of reference, and other supplementary documentation.
- Admission Requirements: applicants must have the following:
- Four-year Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Lowest grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study.
- Degree programs approved by university of recognized standing.
To inquire further about Killam Predoctoral Scholarship Awards, please visit the official website.