Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is an open opportunity for international students who dream to start their study adventure in USA. Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is a completely funded undergraduate and master’s scholarship. This scholarship finances a beneficiary’s full tuition, living stipend, travel and health insurance.
The scholarship will be awarded based on character and excellence as depicted through academic merit, entrepreneurial initiative, and extracurricular activities. Scholarship beneficiaries will also be given the option of an internship position in the company.
Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania.
Study Level: Undergraduate, Master’s
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Onsi Sawiris – About
Orascom Construction formed the Onsi Sawiris Program in 2000. The goal was to invest company resources in educational activities, and to improve the communities in which it operates. An example of this program is the Egypt private sector participation in educational programs on a supportable basis. The aim is to aid the academic development, and character building of young Egyptians giving them the resources to progress their careers therefore helping their communities in which they live.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not resided, studied or worked overseas for a significant duration of time.
- Political Science
Duration of Program: It is subject to the program that you have selected.
Benefits of Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Onsi Sawiris Scholarship will be offered the following benefits:
- Complete tuition
- A living stipend
- Travel and health insurance
Eligibility for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
To qualify for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the conditions below:
- Egyptian citizens, who are inhabitants of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality candidates)
- Planning to begin their studies in the U.S.A in the year
- Be devoted to return to Egypt for 2 years directly after the attaining their bachelor’s degree.
- Not resided beyond 3 years overseas
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or more
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- Minimum SAT I Score:
- Old SAT (before May 2016): Overall: 2100 Reading: 700 Math: 700 Writing: 700
- New SAT (after May 2016): Overall: 1450 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730 Math: 730
- Or SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above.
- Have some Extracurricular Activities.
- Egyptian citizens, who live in Egypt (preference will be given to non-holders of dual citizenship)
- Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the best universities in the US in the field of Business Administration or Engineering
- Not resided more than 3 years overseas
- Committed to go back to Egypt for two years directly after attaining their bachelor’s degree
- TOEFL: iBT = 100 or more
- GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
- At least three years working experience.
- MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (done within 5 years)
- Extracurricular Activities
- Old GRE scores are no more acknowledged
- New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
- Overall: 302
- Analytical Writing: 4.5
- Areas of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management
- Applicants with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field that differs from the one that they’re applying for will be acknowledged.
- Applicants who already attained Master’s degree from an international university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered.
- Selection as a candidate for the program does not assure university acceptance. Candidates will be assisted in applying for the below approved universities only
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not resided, worked, or schooled overseas for a significant duration of time.
How to Apply for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
To avail Onsi Sawiris Scholarship, please follow steps below:
- Generate an account on from here.
- Provide answers to all personal details.
- Fill all your academic information.
- On the Statement of Purpose section, answer these 2 questions:
- Q1: Considering personal, local and national concerns as these relate to your future; how would you be able to attain success on these different levels by attending the university that you aim to apply for? Write an essay 500 words to discuss. Have in mind that the essay is a vital aspect of your application.
- Q2: What are you passionate about? How have you pursued your passions all through your life? Write an essay of 350 words. Have in mind that the essay is a crucial part of your application.
- Attach these files on attachments section:
- Application form
- Graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if obtainable)
- SAT I / or SAT II & IBT TOEFL test scores
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Submit your application.
- Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
- Necessary Documents are:
- Graduation certificate
- TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT test scores
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- For E-mail inquiries concerning the scholarship, contact OSSP@amideast.org or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.
To inquire further about Onsi Sawiris Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.