The Rhodes University online applications 2022 has been open for admissions into various programmes in the institution. Rhodes University (RU) is in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province. Rhodes University has opened its applications for 2022.
Rhodes is part of a small group of research-intensive universities in South Africa, and significantly, the only research-intensive university located outside a major urban area. This positioning has enormous implications for students’ learning experience, with many undergraduate courses’ curriculum comprising of ‘service-learning where students use their knowledge to engage with local communities through various projects.
The general formative degrees offered at Rhodes provides students with in-depth knowledge and skills across two disciplinary areas. This allows students to work across a wide range of careers.
Rhodes University Faculties
The university specialises in six faculties:
- Commerce: Bachelor of Business Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics, Postgraduate diploma in Accountancy, Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management
- Education: BEd (Foundation Phase Teaching) Degree, BEd (in-service) Degrees, Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education, Bachelor of Education Honours, Masters in Education Degrees, PhD (Education) Degrees
- Humanities: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Journalism, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Law: LLB, LLB, PhD
- Pharmacy: Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Science: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science (Information Systems), Bachelor of Science Foundation Programme
Full Details – List of Courses Offered at Rhodes University
For more information on Rhodes University’s entry requirements for various degrees, click here.
Your application will only be considered for admission to the University if you qualify for Bachelor’s degree study AND you satisfy the faculty requirements. To qualify for with a Bachelor’s pass status, learners are required to take seven subjects, four of which are compulsory (two languages, Life Orientation and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy) and three of the learner’s own choice from the subjects on offer at the school.
Applications close on 25 February.
Important Related Information:
- Rhodes University Fees Schedule
- Rhodes University Student Portal
- NSFAS Application
- Get your Matric Result
How To Apply
To start applying to Rhodes University, click here and select ‘Admission (not yet enrolled at Rhodes’).
- You will need to first register as a user before you can apply online.
To access an application form for a physical application, click here.
If you have already matriculated or completed your O levels / A levels it is essential that you enclose a certified copy of the certificate.
All applications should be submitted before the end of September
Application Fee is R100.
Late applications will be considered.
See Also – Rhodes University Late Application and How to Apply
Rhodes University Prospectus
We recommend you download the Rhodes University Prospectus for proper guidance. Click here to access the Prospectus.
After successful submission of your application form, you may want to start tracking your application status. The following page shows you how to do that properly.
Click here if you want to track your application status or confirm an offer.
Got any question or correction regarding this post? kindly drop a comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.