The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships is open for application submission. The program supports scholars that are going through post-graduate education that will ultimately make a difference to Australia in one of three areas; technology and innovation, fostering Australian-Asian ties, and enabling positive social change. The program also offers a nine-month Leadership Development Program which will nature scholars’ personal potentials and give scholars the understandings, learning and inspiration they require to make their mark on the world.
Deadline: Not yet specified
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships – Institutions
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships recipients must begin their postgraduate studies at one of the following eight institution of higher education, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Tasmania
Benefits of Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships
- A recipient will grow into becoming a part of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Beneficiaries will have access to one of Australia’s most diverse meetings of like-minds. Lifetime affiliations to this network give Drawing on the Scholars’ sturdy sense of fulfillment and need to collaborate; the network is fashioned to be inspiring, influential and a life-long learning experience.
Eligibility for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships
- Applicant should be a permanent resident or an Australian citizen (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
- Applicants have attained or on the way to attain an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
- Applicants have decided to begin a full-time Masters by coursework / research or a PhD at one of our participating institution of higher education.
- Applicants have decided an area of importance which, for PhD and Masters by research candidates has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework contenders, must be in a field of world-class standing.
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust’s focus areas
- Comprises of international opportunities, like a period of study at an overseas institution of higher education, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at a foreign organization, which will progress your leadership skills and worldwide networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding demands for the purpose of medical research as clear in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered; MD, juries doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- In two years, Masters by coursework programs must be attained.
- Applicants are able to provide 2 letters of reference– one academic reference and one personal reference.
- Masters and PhD by Research applicants have to also provide one letter of support from either your supervisor, dean of the faculty or head of school or equivalent.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships applicants must:
- have proven academic brilliance and are keen to start a PhD or full time Masters at one of the institution of higher education, in a field of well above world standard.
- be passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation or facilitating positive social change.
- have a dedicated dream to add to the progress and prosperity of Australia, articulate this vision, and how postgraduate study will help make it real.
- possess a desire and potential to lead.
- driven by being motivated by other people, form networks and join forces across diverse disciplines.
- confident in taking on challenges.
- have an aspiration to be part of and add impacts to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
How to Apply for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships
For further information on Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships, visit Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships.